The wisdom of the Wild Edibles Challenge was as much about finding, enjoying (and eating!) the natural medicine in your local area as it was in getting the post finished.
We hope that everyone who entered - and the many who thought about it and didn't get there - considered what grows in their local area, what's wild and edible and what might be possible in the future. We have collectively grown the knowledge banks for times to come when cultivated food may be less available and people will NEED to draw on this information, stored on our immutable Hive blockchain.
We do hope you had fun, too!
In total, we had 10 entries:
- Kunji....The Natural wild Green vegitable by @abdulwajid1978
- Magenta Spreen: Foraging my own way by @freemotherearth
- Wild Edibles on The Canal : Bistort, Wild Garlic, Elderflower and Nettles by @riverflows
- Cool Beans by @solinvinctus7125
- Cachapas de remolacha // Beetroot Cachapa - Wild Pokemon
- 🌱Pokeweed🌱-Your Best Friend or Worst Nightmare-With a Bonus Traditional Southern American Recipe by @notconvinced
- Hunting the Wild Salad by @minismallholding
- The Wonderful Resource of Wild Edibles... by @porters
- Wild Edibles Challenge - Worms for dinner? [Eng-Esp] by @auelitairene
- My Entry: Natural Medicine's Wild Edible Contest by @olivia08
Our Week 1 winner @freemotherearth has already received her well-deserved prized of 20 Hive.
What really stood out in these entries?
- not everything wild & edible needs to be a plant!
- many wild things need special preparation to be edible
- time of year is everything!
- local knowledge matters
Find out about what grows wild near you and what the grandmas eat.
It's really hard to choose winners each week - there was something special about ALL of the entries, and we hope a few rewards came your way via upvotes, reblogs and engagement. It's sooo important that you all continue entering, whether you win or not, because it keeps the #naturalmedicine vibe alive by generating support and attention to our community.
The Winners of our Wild Edibles Challenge are:
25 Hive: @auelitairene
10 Hive: @minismallholding and @olivia08 and @notconvinced
Pokeweed image by @notconvinced
Thank you so much to ALL who contribute toward our community by sharing your wisdom. Your efforts mean the world to us all and one day may help someone, somewhere, who needs this important information.
Earn Instantly For Writing Good Natural Health Content
If you would like to earn rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io, you can sign up for a free
FREE account by emailing email@example.com. Read more about us on our Welcome Page. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth centred practices such as foraging, permaculture and biodynamics.
Please consider delegating to help keep this collective going. For any questions, come ask in our friendly Discord here !