Scientific name: Citrullus lanaus.
Watermelon is a very refreshing fruit that helps fight heat. Many people think that watermelon only contains water and sugar, but the reality is that watermelon contains nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are necessary for our body. Watermelon is highly appreciated by my entire family, but when my son has the flu I eliminate it completely. Traditionally, it is consumed in pieces, smoothies, ice cream, jams, etc.
Watermelon is made up of 90% water, so eating watermelon is the best way to hydrate. Regarding its nutritional properties, watermelon is rich in fiber, it contains vitamins A, B, C and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, zinc and magnesium.There are different types of watermelons, large and small, round and oval, with and without stripes, but the most important thing is that they are all very healthy.
Among its benefits we have:
- Perfect for losing weight.
- It acts as an excellent diuretic.
- Contains antioxidant effect.
- It improves blood sugar levels.
- Excellent to keep us hydrated.
- Reduces the risk of eye diseases.
- Contains cleansing effects.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces cholesterol levels.
- Helps reduce certain muscle aches.
- Improvement of cardiovascular function.
- Regulates the digestive system.
- Among others