Wheat flour and jaggery fudge, known as Aate ki Sukhdi is a traditional recipe with the goodness of whole wheat flour and jaggery.
Not only it is easy to prepare but also delicious and healthy. It requires a minimum of 3 ingredients. Some extra ingredients like dry fruits can be added to make it rich.
In traditional recipe animal fat like ghee is used but here I made it vegan by using vegetable oil.
- Whole wheat flour 1+1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 1/2 cup
- Jaggery 1/2 cup grated
- cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry fruits of your choice 1/4 cup
- In a pan add flour and oil, roast on low medium flame till it turns into light brown colour.
- It takes 10-15 minutes.
- Once it is roasted switch off the flame add jaggery. Mix it well till jaggery become melt and mix with flour.
- Add raisins or any other dry fruits and cardamom powder.
- Mix again to make a uniform mixture.
- Grease a tray and transfer this into the tray.
- Spread evenly by pressing all over.
- garnish with chopped almonds and make cuts.
- Cooldown to room temperature or keep in the fridge for fast cool down.
- keep in an air tight container and enjoy for a week or more.