What do we think when we talk about garlic?
It is definitely a spice for cooking, the aroma of garlic makes dishes more savory and as one of the herbs for health. Because the content of important substances such as complex carbohydrates and protein, as well as vitamins and minerals in it that are beneficial for our health. But that's not all, there are many useful uses of garlic for our daily lives.
• Garlic is useful for disguising fine cracks in glass. Because garlic juice is a natural adhesive, just grind the garlic then rub the thick, sticky liquid on the cracks and wipe off the excess with a damp cloth, the liquid will fill the hairline gaps in the glass and help hold the crack.
• Making Natural Pesticides, for organic vegetable crops of course we avoid using pesticide spraying. But garlic pesticides can be an alternative to repel plant pests such as white butterflies, whiteflies, aphids, etc.
Directions: Chop 3 cloves of garlic and let stand in 2 tablespoons of mineral oil (paraffin oil) for 24 hours. Strain the garlic and add the oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of dish soap to 1 liter of water. And the garlic pesticide is ready to use.
• Mosquito repellent spray, which we know that mosquito repellent contains dangerous chemicals such as DEET and other potentially toxic. To avoid this we can make mosquito repellent with garlic.
Directions: Chop a few cloves of garlic and soak in 1 ounce of mineral oil for 24 hours. Strain then mix the garlic oil with 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Filter again, pour in a spray bottle and the insect repellent is ready to use.
• Treating Acne, garlic has anti-inflammatory substances that can help treat acne and the anti-bacteria can prevent new pimples. The trick is to simply cut raw and fresh garlic then rub on the pimples.
• Treating fungus on the feet, the anti-fungal properties in garlic can treat irritated and itchy feet. Directions: mix crushed garlic with warm water in a soaking tub, then soak the moldy feet for ± 30 minutes.
• Treating ear infections, this traditional treatment has been around for centuries. Just chop a few cloves of garlic then mix it with olive oil that has been heated for 5 minutes. Let it cool and strain, to treat an infected ear just put a few drops in the ear canal that hurts.
• Helping to remove debris stuck to the skin, usually when we do something for example cleaning fish, sometimes there are spines stuck in the skin. To pull it out that hurts, then try the following trick, put a thin slice of garlic on the surface of the affected skin then tie it with a bandage, the garlic will help the flakes come out of the skin by themselves in a few hours without pain.
• Garlic can be an alternative facial cleanser to make it naturally bright, but be careful with open wounds because it will burn them. The trick is to mix finely chopped garlic with sugar, olive oil and facial foam. For use, simply massage on the skin in circular motions for a few minutes then rinse. This herb will help exfoliate dead skin, dry out pimples and tighten the skin.
• Garlic can be used as bait for fish, strong aroma of garlic can be attached to the hook as bait to catch fish when fishing. Many fishermen use this trick by coating Marshmello or crackers with finely ground garlic. Various kinds of fish such as catfish, carp, and other species really like the aroma of garlic.
• Treating Psoriasis (inflammation of the skin characterized by a red rash, dry, thick, scaly, flaky skin accompanied by itching and pain). The anti-inflammatory properties of garlic can be used to prevent and reduce itching in psoriasis. The active compounds in garlic interact with arachidonic acid, an omega fatty acid in the skin associated with psoriasis. The trick is to apply garlic oil 2-3 times a day on the surface of the skin affected by psoriasis.
• Overcoming hair loss, massaging the head with garlic oil helps stimulate hair growth.
• Disinfecting toilets and getting rid of bacteria naturally, as well as removing yellow spots around the toilet. We often clean the toilet using a cleaning liquid which is sometimes dangerous to health with a strong smell. The garlic will help with its antimicrobial and antifungal powers to disinfect the bathroom. Try the following tricks to clean and kill bacteria in the toilet.
The first trick: before going to bed, peel a clove of garlic and put it in the toilet. Then leave it all night, and the next morning, water it. Do this procedure at least twice every week.
The second trick: Using garlic tea, boil one cup of water until it boils, then cut three small cloves of garlic and put it in the water. Turn off the heat, cover the container and let stand 15 minutes. Then, pour the garlic tea down the toilet. It would be better if this activity is done before going to bed, when the toilet is rarely used.
Thus this article about the Surprising Uses of garlic that we rarely know, a natural way that helps complete many of our daily work.